Thursday, March 26, 2009

On Komodo Island

Two Komodo dragons were strolling along the lush sugar-apple orchard just on the edge of a hill where the land crested down toward the beach. One of them spoke.

‘You know, we’re lucky, Jane,’ he mused.

‘Why is that, Tim?’ queried the other, with an air of laconic indulgence.

‘Because we live on an island called Komodo, and we happen to be Komodo Dragons. All other Komodo dragons are living in diaspora on the islands of Rinca, Flores, and Gili Motang.’

Jane, clearly exhibiting displeasure at this point, rolled her beady little lizard eyes, and said, ‘No one’s ever used the word diaspora with respect to Komodo Dragons. Not to mention the fact that we Komodo Dragons don’t have access to Wikipedia -- so technically, you’re not even supposed to know any of that. We’re just looking out for falling Indonesian fruit pickers right now, so shut the eff up.’

‘Ooh, there’s one.’

‘Let’s maul the crap out of him.’

‘Yeah.’
technorati Stumble reddit digg! del.icio.us share on facebook

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that I'm inviting it, but I think it would be somewhat cool to die by Komodo dragon. Better than getting hit by a car, or lung cancer, for instance. Better story for others to tell.

Thanks for teaching me a new word!

Christopher Jones said...

They sure art chatty little, suitcase looking mofos.

Angry Max said...

@Shawn - Sure sounds like you're inviting it to me. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to invite death by Komodo dragon. Mine did.

@CB - Yes, like all chatty mofos, they do like to kill humans from time to time.

Anonymous said...

I liked the part where the lizards mauled the fruits.

Me-Me King said...

Those things freak me out. They have the speed to chase down a deer, with my bad knees, I don't stand a chance.

Angry Max said...

@Mike - Hmmm... I have a feeling you missed something there.

@Me-Me - That's one reason why I canceled my vacation to the island of Komodo.

Wendy said...

I used to wear a komodo that I got when I was in Japan because my boyfriend liked it when I dressed up like a geisha. But I stopped because the white paint made my face break out.

Post a Comment